Employment Horizons, a non-profit organization whose mission is to assist individuals with barriers to employment achieve their individual vocational objectives, is seeking a Community Transition Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting individuals with disabilities to successfully transition from the Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) program to the competitive labor market. The Community Transition Coordinator will work with local business to develop work experience sites for the purposes of job exploration and training of VRS clients as well as develop potential Competitive Integrative Employment opportunities for VRS clients. Responsibilities will include providing training and development of necessary work and soft skills to maintain employment.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
• Bachelor’s degree in human/social sciences, rehabilitation or a related field
• Two years or more providing supported employment services to people with disabilities or education beyond BA/BS in lieu of experience
• Attended, or willing to attend, Boggs Center Employment Specialist Foundations training
• Strong presentation skills to individuals and small to large groups
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to anticipate a problem and develop strategies in advance
• Agility in multi-tasking
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent listening and verbal/written communication skills
• High degree of common sense and good judgment
• Ability to work independently
• Marketing/sales experience a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out form here.
Employment Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.